Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Three O'Clock

So, I walk around with vague suspicions in my subconscious all the time. Things that stir in me somewhere, but lie, unarticulated, for various spans of time. Occasionally they materialize as weird questions. One such suspicion did so today.
What is it with three o'clock? I mean...I leave work around 2:30 and it feels early in the day. I have a part-time job. This is a nice, early, leaving-work time. A good chunk of my day lies ahead of me. I can accomplish! I can DO! The world is at my fingertips! Well, maybe that's carrying it a bit too far....
But, driving back to town, sitting in the car line to get the kids, picking up the dog (who stays at my mom's house during the day because she has little seizures due to a nervous condition if left alone...I'll talk about this some other time...), and then turning to head toward home, always sweeps me well past three o'clock. Suddenly, then, at any point during this hour, I will look at the clock and realize that the day has slipped away from me. I barely will have time to supervise homework, cook dinner...blah, blah, blah....before it's time to put the kids in bed. I don't have any TIME to accomplish much! I don't have time to DO! What is the thing about three o'clock that allows it to suck the entire rest of your day out of your grasp?
If you ask normal people what time splits the day in half, they will probably say "noon." I say three o'clock.
I don't have any answers to this question....I just have the realization of one more thing that makes me weird.

DAILY BLISS: My husband came home today with his new glasses. Very handsome! I have taken to calling him "The Bespectacled One" just becuase I like how it sounds. Honestly, I'm a little jealous. I've always wanted glasses. I used to wear fake ones in high school sometimes.

<3 Christy

No comments: