Monday, March 19, 2007

Organizer Schmorganizer

Silly title, huh? I was just reading about Christy's Paper Brain. Christy, I found a great Organizer by accident last year at Walmart. It was the last one on the shelf. It's Amy Knapp's Family Organizer and it is great for us at-home moms. It has weekly and monthly To-do lists, weekly grocery and menu lists, and best of all lots of writing space and cool little stickers for special days and appointments. The lady who created it came up with it because she couldn't find an organizer with enough writing space for her either. She makes a regular one that is pretty inspirational on its own and a Christian version too. You may want to check her website at www.thefamilyorganizer.com. Wow-see how boring I am. Here I am excited about sharing tips on organizers of all things.

We had a pretty exciting weekend. Actually it was anything but exciting, but sometimes those are the most enjoyable weekends. We have had the Strawberry Festival going on in Plant City, so we have had a lot of activities in the last few weeks. We saw Mark Lowry with my Daddy and nephew Noah on Sat. March 3rd. It was the rainiest, coldest day of the year so far I think. We left right after he finished as we were all soaked to the bone and freezing cold. But he did a great show, sang my favorite song of his...Mary, Did You Know? I took the kids to the Grand Parade on Monday the 5th and had a great time with some great friends. Then on Sun. March 11th, we went back to see Josh Turner. If you don't know who he is, you are missing out on one fine performer, and I mean fine in every sense. He is HOT! He is also clearly a Christian man and he tours with his gorgeous wife in the band, which I think is pretty cool. A friend in our Sunday School gave us tickets for the Make-your-own shortcake booth and my son really enjoyed making his own strawberry creation and he ate it all! The following week Justin had a Spring party at school on Friday to kick off Spring Break which is this week. Our week was full with PTA meeting and dental appointment for Justin. This is our one week of rest before we kick in to high gear with Soccer season, Easter activities at church, and a lot of end of the year stuff at school. So please forgive me if I am totally sporadic with blogging. We will be extremely busy.

In the midst of all that, I get to go on a Women's retreat with my new church and finish Beth Moore's "Daniel" bible study. We moved our letter Sunday to First Baptist Church of Plant City. I am so excited to be part of their huge worship choir. It is so neat to be a part of such a large sound. I am excited about the music we will be doing. I've already found several new friends and am looking forward to the retreat. If any of you are in this area, you may be interested to bring the kids out to The Great Egg Drop on March 31st. FBC will drop 10,000 candy-filled plastic eggs from a helicopter and there will lots of fun activities and food, etc. You can find info at the church's website www.fbcpc.com. Needless to say, my organizer is full for the next 2 months. But I am excited about everything God is working in our lives and all that I am learning right now. Hope all of you are finding joy and excitement in the daily blessings God so generously hands out.

DAILY BLISS: A powdered sugar covered mouth on my 2-year old as she enjoys her new-found love of those little Sweet Sixteen doughnuts. My 6-year old boy's growing interest in Jesus and having a relationship with Christ. We prayed together yesterday afternoon after he said the sweetest words to a mother's ear--"I want to be a Christian." It doesn't get much better than that.
ANGIE

1 comment:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

I am so stinkin jealous of you, getting to see Josh Turner. Can't even listen to "Be Your Man" without protection if ya know what I mean...

Seriously I'm so happy for you and proud of your good decisions. I love you and miss you!
-Becky