Friday, March 02, 2007

Family Fun Fair

As I mentioned before, today was the Family Fun Fair at the kids' school. I never did get a pony ride, but I discovered that I may have missed my calling to be a carnie. I got to be in charge of a game for both kids' classes for a time slot and had a lot of fun. Emma's class, the kindergarten, had the haystack. This is where children launch themselves into a massive pile of hay and throw it into each others' eyes. Sometimes they accidentally throw one of toys that was hidden in there. Then they all dive into the hay and fight over who gets it. It was a very windy day. The haystack was maybe a bad idea.

I also supervised a riding toy race for Andrew's class which everybody thought was lame until my latent talent showed up. I got a couple of racers and put on my best announcer voice and had them all line up. I said, "On your mark....get set.....goober (or any other word that's kind of gross and starts with "g")! Then told them all that they had to line back up again. Then I said go. I didn't give any medals to cheaters and loudly congratulated the winners. Our game was very popular, very suddenly.
Emma loved the big inflatable obstacle course and Drew was really into the gyrosphere or whatever you call that ride. Reference the pictures below.






<3 Christy

No comments: