Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Momentous Occasion

We have had a dangling tooth in the family for several days now. The owner of said tooth has been in hysterics every time I have approached HER mouth, so the tooth has stayed right in place. This is her first one. After much hollering and protesting and violent tears, I managed to wiggle the thing out without her realizing it this evening. She was so busy screaming "don't pull it!" that she didn't even realize I had pulled it right out. There have been many phone calls to relatives and interested parties about the loss of Emma's first tooth this evening.
I thought that I'd share a picture here....I apologize for the graphic nature of her empty tooth socket. Also for the green marker on her chin.




So anyway, my mother-in-law kindly pointed out to me in her wistful way that my babies are growing up. I was really trying not to focus on that aspect of The Event. But since she brought it up, this is the last time I'll have said milestone in my home - the first lost tooth, I mean. She's my last baby. Sigh.
Okay. I'm done with that.

DAILY BLISS: Eating dinner on the living room floor. Well, we used plates We just didn't sit at the table.

<3 Christy

2 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

I'll sigh with you. That's an adorable picture. :)

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Awww, she's cute! Like her mom! And what a brave mom she has, to pull the tooth! Due to my wierd tooth hangups, I normally crawl under the covers and hide during tooth losing episodes! You definitely have more guts than me!
-Becky