Monday, March 05, 2007

Average

Today, I lost myself in a silly novel - a one-sitting read. I love to read to learn and I love to read something that makes me think in a different way about something. This wonderfully indulgent way to spend an afternoon, though (reading without learning or even really thinking), is like chocolate. Really fun, but not good for you unless it's taken in moderately. But any of you who know me at all know how much I like chocolate. It's almost as much as shoes.
The pollen is driving me crazy right now. My headache is begging for me to tune it out with some TV. Alas, no such remedy will be tolerated during Lent. Probably, we will make this TV fast a habit. We caught up on the two or three shows we really hate to miss over the weekend, and we gained a lot of time during the rest of the week. Good stuff all the way around.
I'm struggling for anything more to say on this, another in a string of average days. It seemed that several things struck me today as something good to blog about, but they are gone now. Ahhhh well.

DAILY BLISS: The skirt I wore today has these little pleats at the hem, but only on the sides. They kick out and swing around my knees when I walk. It's super-fun in the same way that a twirly dress is fun when you're six.

<3 Christy

1 comment:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

I must admit, Christy, that I have no restraint when it comes to a novel I'm interested in. I've been known to pull all nighters, stay in bathtubs until the water is frigid, and tune out all else around me just to finish one. My latest attempt, feeble though it be, is to make myself read ONLY when I'm on my new exercise bike, thus tricking myself into regular exercise!! So far so good!
-Becky