Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Clean House

Have you ever found pure joy in a clean house? I am today. Is that pathetic? When I was a teenager, I always though I'd have a big career and exciting life by the time I was 29 (rapidly pushing towards 30). I did 4 loads of laundry, vaccummed the entire house, cleaned my kids rooms including their closets, two full bathrooms, the kitchen and dusted the living room. It took the whole morning, but it feels great to sit back and look at it now. Pure joy! Do I have some undiagnosed suburban mom illness? Hmmmm
We are all going to the Strawberry Festival this afternoon with my Mom and Dad. We are so lucky to get great seats for the concerts we want because my uncle is a "redcoat". That means he works his tail off in agriculture at the festival and gets to wear a red jacket to events and get tickets to the shows. We get to see Mark Lowry, one of the funniest people I have ever seen. It will be John's (my hubby) first time to see him and I am sure he will enjoy it. I'll let you all know how much fun we have so you can all be exceedingly jealous. HEEHEE
Well girls, thanks for your comments on my blog the other day. I'm glad to know someone is interested in my little life. Gotta get ready to go.
Angie

2 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Yes, I TOTALLY find joy in a clean house. Though I think it might be a suburban mom sickness of some kind, I've still got it too. And hey... you can't buy the ability to celebrate the little things!! And you can't buy that feeling of "I'm on top of the world" when your house is clean. I figure, if I can do that, I can do ANYTHING, baby!
-Becky

frabjouspoet said...

I am so with you on the clean house. There is no greater feeling to me than waking up or coming home to a nice, clean room. All is well in the world on those days.