Thursday, March 01, 2007

One Thing I'm Good At

I kicked my husband's heinie at Scrabble last night. I managed to several double word scores and at least one triple something.....it's a little fuzzy. I was drunk with the sensation of victory. I usually beat him at Scrabble, though. Not that he isn't a worthy opponent - it usually comes right down to the end before a winner emerges. Not so last night. My score was 239!! Maybe this is good, maybe it's not. I am not a professional Scrabble player. I just know it's good as far as my scoring history goes. He has requested a rematch.
This rash of board games is due to that afore-mentioned Lenten TV fast. It's been beneficial so far. More face-time with the DH definitely reduces my stress level.
Tomorrow is an exciting day. The kids' school hosts an annual Family Fun Fair for which I always am a volunteer. Chris will be too. I get to supervise an inflatable game thing for Andrew's class, and the haystack game for Emma's class. The haystack game is an incredibly itchy one. I don't know what Chris will be doing. But there will be pony rides. I'm SO going on one of those!

DAILY BLISS: All the orange trees are blossoming! I'm pretty sure that's what Heaven is going to smell like.

<3 Christy

1 comment:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Go Grrrrl! You and your double, triple words! Indeed! Your profundity abounds!!

I'll have to differ with ya on the kids event. Nothin' worse than trying to rein in a bunch of children hyped up on candy and fun. I referreed the blow up slide at our last fall fest. The insurance agent in me just KNOWS somebody's gonna break a leg, so I get way too jumpy around the chaos of a bunch of children refusing to wait in line and stepping on one another. I'm having anxiety just thinking of it. You should be declared a saint, my friend. Oh, wait. Somebody already did that for you!! -Beck