Monday, March 05, 2007

Another Manic Monday...

My mind is swirling! It's 9:27 and I'm still high on adrenaline. Maybe it's Monday that does this to me... I did have another of those action packed days, and I'm feeling totally pumped about it. Things are moving forward professionally for me, thankya Jesus! I heard from my publisher today!! They've chosen a title for my book and they've started the cover design. It's taken a year to get to this stage, so I'm SUPER happy to see it move another step forward. A baby step, yes, but a step closer to the bookstore shelf nonetheless!

Speaking of books, another book idea happened upon Kathy and me, and we are cramming a proposal together for her to take to a national writer's conference at the end of this month. This, on top of the book swirling around in my heart and my email inbox co-written with Christy, plus recording podcasts, plus working on a weekday presentation for businesses (gotta work on that income level), plus passing twelve more hours of insurance continuing ed so that I can renew my agent's license. I haven't even thought of counseling class and what I will choose as the LIVEChat topic this week... it's all got me headed in so many different mental directions! I LOVE IT!!

I also got totally blessed with the opportunity to have my first book and cd's for sale and my information at Kathy's speaker table this weekend at a really large women's event. I'm praying the Lord will multiply this, for one because I love what I do and two because as much as I hate the business end of things I do need to bring in an income!

I also have a bit of news to share. I had the Cinna-stax pancakes at IHOP tonight and let me tell ya... it's bliss. Cinnamon in obscene amounts will cure whatever ails ya, I always say. (Actually I've never said that before, but I HAVE always wanted to write something including the phrase "I always say...") The only thing that could have made those cinnamon-ey cakes more wonderful, is eating them with Christy at one of our midnight mom rendezvous. (How do you pluralize that word? One would think that a writer would know this, but alas, I do not. Rendezvouses? Rendezvous'? Good Lord, who knows...) At any rate, I am in dire need of one of our midnight trips to IHOP, my friend. I know we'd laugh too loud and stay too long and we'd say cuss words if we wanted to and for a while we'd philosophize like the deep, creative women we are. Oh, I miss you, my friend!! But I'm so grateful for the connection that modern technology affords us in between face to face encounters!

Well, I'm still sprinting in my brain, but my body is aching in a way that tells me it needs to rest. For now... so long!

-Becky

3 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

So...are you sworn to secrecy, or can you share the title of the book?

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Yeah....I miss you too, hon. I'm up for midnight IHOP anytime you are! How fast can you get here?

<3 Christy

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Alli, the title is:
Winds of Hope, 30 Healing Devotions for the Storms of Life