Friday, January 19, 2007

Week One - Done!

So, I feel pretty good about my first week back to work. I definitely had some white-knuckle moments in the car, trying to get to car line and pick up the kids on time (one poor guy stuck in stand-still opposing traffic caught me in an Incredible Hulk moment - he was white-faced and open-mouthed! It was pretty funny!). But overall, I think it's gone really well. I've met lots of new people, and am really enjoying getting to know the staff at the church. I churned out two bulletins and a newsletter this week and have managed to keep most of my sanity. I wasn't born with much sanity anyway, so I have to protect what I do have.
I think the structure will be good for me. In the past year, I have kind of pulled the plug out of my gut and let everything spill out. I know that sounds weird....let's see....how else can I say it? I just wanted to see what all was inside of me, so I just spent a lot of time in introspection, working through and dumping out emotions. At some point toward the end of the year, I had emptied myself so much...and I just wandered around without much direction. I think it's time to put the plug back in and soldier back into life and routine. Does that make sense?
Personal growth can become self-indulgence if it goes on for too long, you know?
I don't have too much else to say. I'm pretty beat...have also been dealing with a bit of insomnia this week....probably all those white-knuckle traffic moments:)

DAILY BLISS: My traveling hubby is coming home tonight!! YAY!!!

<3 Christy

No comments: