Saturday, January 13, 2007

Rollin' it over

Still blogging from room 8083. REALLY hoping to go home today. It’s been a long week of shots, pills, hospital food, and wondering what to think. I’m not sure I’ve done much thinking, really. Bad use of hospital time, I suppose, but I think I kind of just wadded up this experience and, as Father Tim would say, “rolled it over onto the Lord” for a while. I just set it in His lap and left it with Him. I’m not sure what else to do. As the stream of health professionals comes to my room, often telling me how lucky I am, how most people never have this chance, I’m tempted to get it back from Him and try to untangle the wad of stuff.

Surely there are all kinds of gems in there, all kinds of dark scary stuff too. I suppose He will dole it out to me piece by piece as I am ready to take it in. For this moment, I’m trying to laugh at the crazy and find joy in the little things. It seems the random and absurd even follows me here. Like at 4am when the guy comes to my room, flips on the light, and asks how much I peed that night. (WHAT??? Where am I??) Or like when the hospital kitchen nuked the wrong side of my tray, cooking my cake and milk instead of the mystery meat and mashed potatoes. (yummy!)

Maybe more profundity later. For now, just hoping to go home!!

No comments: