Friday, January 26, 2007

Maybe I Have Magical Powers After All!

This is so weird that I had to write about it ASAP!
I see a lot of trains on my commute, but yesterday I saw an Amtrak train with a long row of sleeper cars. Sigh. I've always wanted to ride in a sleeper car - I know they're not posh or necessarily clean, it's just something I've always wanted to do.
So, Chris and I were nodding off last night and I turned toward him and said, "You know what? I was just thinking today how I'd like to just get on a train...." the rest of the sentence was going to be "and just go somewhere - anywhere." But I was interrupted between the "t" and the "r" by a real, honest-to-goodness, far-off train whistle.
How's that for calling on the forces of the universe to make a point?

<3 Christy

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

You seem to find the most humorous side of the most mundane or arcane situations of life. But please, tell me why are you doing this at 4:00’ish in the morning!!! %-}

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Well, I get bored if I don't laugh every so often....so, with such a mundane life, I must look very hard to find the humor. It's just so much work to be me!
Not that it matters, but it was actually more like 7:15 AM when I wrote that. I'll have to check up on my settings or something....

<3 Christy