Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Today, I....

Well, today, I started my new job. Sigh.

DAILY BLISS: I made Chinese food for dinner. Emma came to the table with some random maroon sash wrapped around her head and announced that she was feeling like she was Chinese. Then she asked me if she and Andrew could watch television. She asked me in Spanish. So, I questioned her multicultural approach, and she calmly explained that actually she was a Chinese girl who spoke English and was learning Spanish in school. Aha.

<3 Christy

4 comments:

Joe said...

Hi, Christy. Nice to see you around, if only virtually. Haven't seen you in a decade, so I am glad to see that you appear to be well. Enjoy your new job!

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

What a decade it's been! I must admit to snooping around on your blog as well - congrats on the little-one-on-the-way! Do you have others already? It's wonderfully fun to have kids!
I look forward to catching up, if only virtually :)

- Christy

Joe said...

Thanks for the congrats. This is a first baby for both my wife Kathy and me, so we are excited and a little scared. We are 13 weeks in now, so we have a bit to go.

You are welcome at my blog any time. It's mostly lab stuff, but that's where my mind and/or body is 90% of the time, anyway. :-)

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

First baby! How exciting! It's been so long since my first, I can hardly remember :) I know everybody says that it goes by so fast. It never feels like that when you're in the middle of it (morning sickness, poopy diapers), but quite suddenly, you realize that it has! Just savor every second - even the rough stuff makes for great memories later on. Chris and I had some really rough stuff to go through when we had our babies, but....well....I'll try not to be too mushy :)
I will enjoy your blog, even if it is all brainy stuff! I tell Mark all the time that it doesn't matter if I really get everything you're talking about, I just enjoy listening to people (or reading the blogs of people, I guess) who really love what they're doing!
- Christy