Monday, January 08, 2007

Sighing by the Lake

I am enjoying my last couple days of freedom before I start my new job. Did I mention that already? I'm going to be a church secretary - I've done it before, so the learning curve should be short. So, I got some coffee this morning with my mom and grandma - how funny we must have been, all three generations sitting in Starbucks! - and headed off by myself to the local lake-and-gardens to just sit. One of my friends suggested that it's always good to decompress and I started thinking...well....I'm not all that compressed to begin with. Maybe it's just preemptive decompression.
People look at you, though, when you're sitting by yourself in public. I've taken myself out to dinner before, and I got a lot of compassionate attention from the staff. Some of my friends even said that I was brave for doing that! But I like to be alone. I like to be able to think whatever I want to think and hide behind my sunglasses and my iPod and have people wonder if I'm okay. As long as I don't notice the people wondering about me.
I guess I just wanted to share what a beautiful day it was and how refreshing to just have an hour outside, all by myself, at our beautiful lake. The birds all chattered about me when I sat on their bench. There were a few fish that jumped. I guess they were excited about the rain that was coming. And the breeze was just delicious.
I'm a little sad to be going back to work, and I guess I hoped that the breeze would blow it all away, but it didn't. It's hard to step back into a world you never wanted to be part of. I like being home and being a mom. Even the dreamiest of dreamers sometimes has to let reality settle in, though. I just don't want to. How three-years-old does that sound? Ha!

DAILY BLISS: Wrestling on the floor with the kids!

<3 Christy

No comments: