Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Good Chuckle

Do you ever have moments in your day when something just pulls you out of yourself, kind of like an out-of-body experience, and you see your life from the perspective of an outsider? That just happened to me and I laughed so hard!
My son was practicing his piano lesson. Nine-year-olds learning to play the piano are a little bit noisy and mistake-y. It sometimes makes me want to apologize to my parents for my own nine-year-old piano practices.
Anyway, I've learned to pretty well shut it out when necessary, so I was going about my business of picking up toys with a raucous soundtrack. I was approached by my daugher. She offered me something. Well, she shoved it in my face. It was a kleenex. Not any ordinary kleenex, though. She had gotten it wet, used a marker to make blobs of color on it, wadded it up and put it in the freezer. So, she shoved it in my face and demanded that I "touch the half-frozen ice simulator." I dutifully obeyed, knowing that going with her flow is often entertaining. Yuck. It was cold, but not frozen. Playing along, I asked her how she found such an artifact, and she said, "My friend the owl told me where it was. I understood." All of this happened to the tune of "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow."
This is what pulled me out of my self, gave me some perspective, and really, honestly cracked me up. She is now calling herself "Arctic Rush" and she is an arctic kung fu fighter. She is also eating a glass full of crushed ice, because that's what arctic kung fu fighters need for energy.

I really love my life.

<3 Christy

No comments: