Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Recovery (by Becky)

I'm still enjoying being home. LOVE sleeping in my own bed, and nobody is waking me at night to evaluate any type of bodily fluid output. I'm tiring much more easily than I expected, and finding it difficult to give myself the freedom to take the extra rest I need. Why is that? Thankfully my sweet husband and wonderful friends and family are lavishing on the grace, AND a little force here and there, to make sure I rest and recuperate.

My parents had flown up to help with the children while I was in the hospital. They left last night, and so I'm flying solo today, back to doing the mom thing, picking up, dropping off, making lunches, etc. I'm learning the ropes on managing my "old lady medicine," (coumadin) and getting a good laugh out of that. My Granny was on coumadin, and lots of other grannies I know, so I can't help feeling I should be purchasing some orthopedic shoes, or depends, or at least denture cream along with all this blood testing and pill taking. HA HA! Hopefully I'll only spend six months or so on the coumadin and then be done with that. Till then, I can't help but snicker at myself over it.

More thoughts later... for now, just glad to be home.

No comments: