Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Case Against Perfection

I just wanted to post some photos of what my life really looks like. I was thinking today about all the beautiful moments in my life that I talk about here and the gorgeous pictures of my kids that I post, and the adorable photos of my house.....but the truth is, that's the edited version of my life. I know I also talk here about the craziness I run into on a daily basis, but lots of people accept their craziness. In fact, it's rather fashionable to be a bit of a loser, isn't it? But I was thinking today how most people might really feel like my life was a mess if they REALLY saw it - that it's my perception of my life that is so beautiful and full of blissful moments. So, here's my real kitchen on this very real day:
The ironing board is left out from last night, which is good because I'll use it tonight. That's my case of water to take to work on the floor. I bought it Saturday and haven't put it away yet.


Here's the art center. It's always this bad. My aprons that I always talk about wearing are stuffed in the corner on the floor. On top of the piano that I seldom play are some glittery Christmas stars.


And finally, the hummingbird feeder, right next to the lemonade pitcher, right next to the remains of supper and who-knows-what-other-food is on the counter that hasn't been wiped off in quite some time:



I don't feel bad about this, though. Not at all. It occurred to me today that maybe my ability to let go of this kind of perfection is what enables me to seek out and find the beauty in my real life.

DAIY BLISS: Driving past a train going the other direction. That makes the whistle sound SO COOL!

<3 Christy

1 comment:

frabjouspoet said...

I love the last line of this post. Who really wants to be perfect anyway? It's the messy parts of life that make it interesting.