Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So....this is all I can think of to write.....

Here's an update on my readjustment to working:
The pastor of the church where I work has been in India on a missions-related trip. He came back today with pearl earrings for me and for Julianna, the DCE (basically the youth and children's pastor). Apparently, they have a lot of pearls in India. This was such a sweet gesture - I was so excited that I called my mom:) It made me feel so nice to be included! Totally made my week!
That brings me to Julianna.....I am so surprised that God has provided a friend for me at my job! She's tons of fun, a little younger than I am, but not too much younger, and is a pro at intelligent, sarcastic banter - my favorite game! She even likes some of the same music that I do! I knew it was going to be tough to step out of my home and work, and I knew it was going to take something special to make me look forward to getting to the office every day - so, way to go, Julianna! You're awesome!
I am grateful today for Muse. (I have gotten into the annoying habit of putting little hyperlinks in when I reference something brand name-ish. I will try to resist this time.) Their new album is the only reason I am getting any dishes done at night. Somewhere around 7:30, when Chris is finally getting home from work and I am trying to get the kids into pajamas and get them to brush their teeth, I crash. So, with this irresistibly danceable, fantastic rock, I am able to squeeze an extra ten minutes of life out before I crash and actually do some dishes or laundry or pack lunches or iron clothes....Honestly - I can't sit still when I hear it.

DAILY BLISS: I heard my theme song on the radio today. It's a Queen song. If you don't already know what it is, you proably don't need to know. And yes. I do listen to the radio. I like being at the mercy of massive communication groups. The surprise of what is going to be the next song is delightful. We find our excitement where we can, don't we?

No comments: