Monday, January 29, 2007

Random Stuff

Today, I was very secretary-ish. I wore a grey skirt with a pink cardigan and matching pink kitten heel shoes. I even did my hair like a secretary. Feeling so appropriate to the task, I had fun with the label maker today!! I know it sounds pretty funny, but climbing around all the cabinets in my little pink shoes, printing and sticking labels - well, just organizing - was very refreshing.
I wore a long, navy, wool dress coat today because it is very cold (what's the deal? it's been 80 degrees all winter long and then *BOOM* it's 40!) and Emma told me I looked like a secret agent. That pretty much made my day.
I also found out that I am now committed to fitness. I have made an effort to drop some habits (not necessarily diet-related or sedentary ones, just habits) that are not so good for me, and am trying to pick up some new ones. I really hate to exercise. Walking is supposed to be the option for people like me, but the only time slots available to me are in the dark, and let's just say that my neighborhood is a little scary in the dark. So, I borrowed a bike (see previous post about riding a bike). This is the coldest night we have had in forever, and I still rode my little bike in the dark. Wearing, like, three shirts and wee tiny pants because any other ones might get caught in one of the three hundred chains that are on this bike. I still had on my secretary hair-do and am still a little wobbly on the bike. I probably am also still the slowest upright person you have ever seen on a bike. My neighbors all think I'm funny now, I'm sure. This must mean that I am committed. Or maybe I should be committed.
I rewarded myself with a fantastic bubble bath. If you've never done this, you should. It makes even riding a bike worthwhile. And if you like music for your bath, I recommend Kings of Convenience. They are super-cool.
So, although this is a sadly me-centered post, I just wanted to say that it's been a nice day. And after a bath like that, I should have no problem getting to sleep tonight.

DAILY BLISS: Um.....the bubble bath. Even though my husband drank that last drop of merlot I'd been saving for such a time. He was kind enough to make me some peppermint tea instead. It all worked out.

<3 Christy

No comments: