Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Uh... I can SEE you!!

I saw two really funny things this morning as I was driving. Turning left at a traffic light, I crossed paths with a guy in a big black truck...a tough guy truck. Guy is stopped at the stoplight, and decided to take a moment to lean over and plant a kiss on his DOG. The hound was riding shotgun in the truck and his owner leans over and gives him a kiss at a traffic light. I promise, I laughed out loud, and in my usual habit of speaking to other drivers who share the road with me (I don't care that they can't hear.) I said "Dude... you did NOT just kiss your dog!!" Didn't he know people can SEE through the windshield?

About a block later, I stopped behind another driver. The 8:00am traffic was heavy and this guy was obviously in a hurry. The car in front of him happened to be...uh...obeying the law and stopped at a stop sign. This made hurry man REALLY mad. His arms were flailing and he was pitching a "hissy fit" as my mama would say. I giggled from behind him and gave him the advice: "Dude... you are gonna have a heart attack. You need to chill out!" Didn't he know people can SEE through the windshield?

In traffic, I often see people doing stuff they would never (I hope) do in public, as if no one can see them...like nose picking. These people remind me of a truth. PEOPLE CAN SEE ME! Funny how sometimes I go about life displaying any old behavior that I please at the moment. I forget that there is usually someone who's looking. Not that I really owe anyone explanation for what they might think is negative behavior, but I do hope that encounters with me are pleasant, even inspiring. I want to be sure I'm letting Christ live through me, that a glance at my face reflects a glimmer of His light. Guess I just don't want to get caught kissing a dog or picking my nose when I should be shining Christ. So, my funny friends gave me some food for thought this morning. Thanks, guys!

2 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Beck, I laughed out loud too! And they couldn't hear me OR see me :) As a matter of fact, I didn't get past the guy kissing his dog before I yanked Chris in here to read him the post! HA!

<3 Christy

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Ha ha! Yeah, it kept me snickering all day! Poor guys. They'll never know they made my day!