Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New blogger Wednesday February 28, 2007

For those of you asking who in the world would be a new blogger on this site, it's me, Angie. I am part of Woman on the Edge by blood--I'm Becky's little sister. Well, I'm not little, just one year younger. I was inspired by Christy's blog yesterday on boredom. Lately I have felt the same way. All the interesting things in my life are about my kids or my sis or brother. My brother is being ordained on Sunday which is very exciting for him and means I get to make a pan of brownies for the reception afterwards--WHOO-HOO. My son just made honor roll in kindergarten and is about to start a new soccer season. And then there is my baby girl-Lavada. She is the ultimate 2 year old princess, always doing something cute. I attended a Beth Moore event Saturday which was great. As always after hearing her speak, I came away challenged in my spiritual walk.
I have figured out in the last few days that the "boredom" I have been suffering from is a real problem for me. I thought I just was unappreciated for all the tasks I do as a mom, wife, and daughter. That's not really it. I started a new Bible study on Daniel (also a Beth Moore study which I would highly reccommend). I am late entering the group so I have played catch-up...I did the first 5 weeks of the study in the last 3 days. I'm discovering that the more I seek God and His purpose for my life, the more my boredom is subsiding. Like Christy, I was feeling a need for more excitement or "drama" in my life. Let me tell you-I have found it!
I have found pure joy in the ideas that I am a vessel to be used by my God. I am about to tun 30 in just a few months and reflecting on my 20's alot. Boy, have they been eventful. When I look back from my view now, I feel like I am on the edge of coming into my own....finding my true purpose in Christ. I am finally able to see how He worked in my life even when I was completely ignoring Him. He still blessed my life when the way I disregarded Him must have been breaking His heart. I am so thankful He didn't give me what I deserved which at the very least was severe punishment, but He continues to display His grace in my life.
I think my 30's just might be the most exciting time of my life as I am resolving myself to persue my Lord like He has persued me. I am excited to see how He will use my past trials to further His kingdom and where He will take me when I allow Him to take the driver's seat. I am pretty sure I'm about to embark on an exciting ride!

3 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Grrrl! I'm SOOOO glad we're on this roller coaster together!! Ain't it fun?? (Here's where we throw up our hands and let out a scream!! WOOOOO HOOOO!)
-Becky

frabjouspoet said...

Great post. I'm so happy to see you on here. Your words have a grounded, peaceful quality to them that I love.

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Welcome Angie!!

<3 Christy