Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Maybe I'm Just Bored

I started to try and think of exciting things that are going on in my life right now. I really wanted a good, blog-inspiring topic. So I started to make a mental list. Here it is:
A) My brother's band, Copeland, is on tour with one of my favorite bands, Switchfoot. Not that they're playing a show anywhere near here. But just the fact that I could get in to a show for free is cool. That sounded wrong. Copeland is one of my favorite bands too.
B) I made an appointment for Emma's first real haircut in a real salon with my awesome hair guy.
C) Andrew got an invitation in the mail from Duke University to join a club for smart kids!!
Then I realized that all the exciting stuff in my life right now is about somebody else. Maybe I'm feeling schlumpy because I'm bored. I'm not sure if I just made up that word, but it's pretty good.
Not that it's sucky to be me or anything. I'm just tired, as I expressed yesterday. I think I'll try and whip up some drama in my life. Hmmm. Maybe not drama. I don't have enough energy for that. I'll try to do something cool. No, that's never worked for me before. I guess I'll just wait it out.
In the meantime, here are some things that are very nice, but maybe not so exciting, for me right now:
A) Peppermint tea with a little Splenda
B) Fasting nighttime TV for Lent - it's unexpectedly relaxing
C) I'm totally stealing the next Harry Potter book from Andrew after he falls asleep!

DAILY BLISS: A thunderstorm this morning and an unexpected call from one of my bestest friends.

<3 Christy

No comments: