Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Alright, Girl. I'm takin' it.

You preached it all, though. You have this wonderful way of turning out your thoughts onto paper. I tend to internalize the whole thing. I understand it, but don't always communicate it quite right! Ha!
One of the reasons that Chris and I "do church" a little differently than most is that we wanted to seek out God on our own. I wasn't finding Him where I was...just a long line of experts, waiting to tell me how to do it. I'm not saying that there isn't value in the teachings of an expert - not at all! I'm just saying that I felt God call me to find Him instead. And it's really risky. Especially in front of the rest of my Christian friends.
But I want more than fire insurance, so to speak. I want more than the scriptural principles that will keep me out of hell. Jesus promised me an abundant life, and I'm out to find it! I am absolutely captivated (and have been long before reading this book...) by the notion of living out my part in God's Big Story. And nobody can write that part for me.
Before I sound too rebellious or undo some of your fabulous preaching (cuz grrrl, you can preach! you were ON it just then!), I will leave my own controversial thoughts for another, more coherent day.
I am quite worn out from packing for the trip to Wisconsin. I am really glad that I have the opportunity to go up for my Grandma's funeral. That has meant days of arranging for the needs of my children and husband, though, figuring out my own travel and rounding up the bits and pieces that will keep me warm. They're going to laugh at my patchwork hobo get-ups, but....sigh....I never was really a fashionista anyway.
The unfortunate bonus here is that my mom is having major surgery in Miami (the only doctor in the state that will touch her complicated procedure) this week as well. She has held up very well, considering that her husband and children will be on the complete opposite end of the country. Her mom is going and some dear family friends will meet her down there, and my dad will go from Wisconsin to Miami to get her on Friday night. Are you dizzy yet? Anyway, I started to hear the stress in her voice last night, and am having a hard time dealing with leaving her. She's a survivor, though. She's never needed me to make it through something, so I'm sure she'll be fine this time....but it's still makes me a little uneasy.
So, I bid you adieu and trek off to wild Woodruff, Wisconsin. I'm getting frostbite just thinking of it.

DAILY BLISS: My honey saw my stress and took us out to dinner. We didn't really have any money for that today, but the fact that he took on some of my chores (i.e., dinner and supervising homework) made all the difference in the world to me.

<3 Christy

2 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Have safe travel, my friend. I'll be praying for you!!! AND your mom! Please tell her so. I love you! -Becky

frabjouspoet said...

Christy, I'm praying for you too. I hope your days will be healing for you. (Sometime I'll have to tell you the story of my grandfather's funeral...it was inspiring).