Monday, February 26, 2007

Not So Productive

Well, Becky, I must say that I am impressed with your accomplishments today! I also have days like that - you feel like you can conquer anything if you can tackle your to-do list!
But today was not one of those days. The biggest thing I accomlished was finishing a Harry Potter book. Oh - and I made dinner. But Chris did the dishes and two loads of laundry.
In the spirit of being real, I will confess that I have really not felt like accomplishing much. Not even blogging - that requires introspection or at least a thought process - and I don't feel like doing that either. So there.
I guess I'm just snowed under during the week with the mundane tasks of living and the weekends are spent making up for the stuff I didn't get done while living during the week - namely grocery shopping. That takes a huge chunk of time. By the time I got out of the Super Wal-Mart (yes, it's cheaper but every time I leave that store, I vow to never return), I am sapped and irritable. I'm not doing a good job of managing my time, maybe. Or maybe I'm still trying to be a stay-at-home mom and get my kids to all the birthday parties and extra-curricular activities they have always attended, make a homemade hot dinner and clean....well, I have been able to let go of the cleaning. The DH does most of that. He's invaluable, really. He seems to not even mind switching laundry. Funny how he seems to always start a load when I'm in the shower, though....
Anyway, I know I can't have it all, but that homemaker stuff is the stuff I like to do. I hate giving up stuff I like to do in order to fulfill obligations. Maybe that's why I'm having trouble getting things done. My body has rebelled and is digging in its heels as I am trying to get it moving. Every little thing seems like such a huge expenditure of time and energy. Ugh!
Have no fear, though. I know this is temporary. I go through this phase now and again. I have to listen to my body's voice, take some time to rest up, and I'll do the dishes when I'm rested and happy.

DAILY BLISS: Well....reading a Harry Potter book. But mostly that's fun because I'm reading it with my son. We have our own little book club going on and it's so great to talk about the story with him!

<3 Christy

2 comments:

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Ah, my friend, but you HAVE accomplished the most important thing. It's right there in your bliss! It's yet another amazing part of being a woman. Going through a time you don't relish while relishing the time with those you love. You are my hero!
-Becky

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Rebecca Jane Jeffries Hughes!!! Hero is a bit of an overstatement (she said, blushing furiously and secretly enjoying the compliment)!

<3 Christy