Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy Monday

I'm SO glad to be back into routine! I had no idea how much it helps me to be on a shedule of some kind. Last week, the Mardi Gras days meant kids out of school, husband off of work, and me out of routine. Now, it's Monday and I'm back with a vengeance. I'm feeling very productive today, having already done 30 minutes on my exercise bike, showered, dressed, fed my kids and dressed the little one, made 2 lunches,dropped off everyone at school, written a newsletter, answered some emails, folded a load of laundry AND put it away, made my bed, cleaned up the bathroom, and listened to a very helpful podcast for work at home moms where I gained tips for maximizing my marketing budget. OH! And I sent my man out the door with a smile and a "have a good day" wish!

By tonight, I will have made lunch, unloaded the dishwasher, done another load of laundry, made about 20 phone calls, mailed off a package, picked up kids, done homework, made supper, remembered my medicine, loaded the dishwasher, bathed 2 kids, prayed with kids, started the dishwasher and appeared in my bedroom ready to um... unmake the bed.

Now, I must tell you that most days I fall far short of all this accomplishment. And now that my body isn't as healthy as normal, I have to squeeze in a little rest time. But looking back over that list, it feels MIGHTY good to be a woman, and downright awesome to wind up the day knowing I did what I needed to do. So today's a happy monday. Happy to be alive, and happy to be female.

Becky

No comments: