Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Peaceful, Easy Feelin'

There is nothing like the peaceful, easy camaraderie between members of God's family. I spent three evenings this week in the company of one old and four new friends. My friend, Kris and I figured out it had been 11 years since we'd seen each other. Now Kris has a family. The star of which is his amazing Mary. I had met her on the blogs, hers and mine, but never before in person.

I just can't explain how amazing it is to sit with someone you haven't seen in over a decade and someone you haven't seen before, ever, and feel completely at home and at peace. Of course I can't explain it. That's because it's a GOD THING. His family works this way when we let it. These past three days, we let it. And I'm so much better for it.

(Hear my contented sigh)

Life's good. God's good. Everything's gonna be alright.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks Becky. We had a wonderful time and sincerely...SINCERELY, hope that you will visit us in Nashville soon.

Christy said...

Amen, amen and amen.
I'm so glad you got to meet up. I felt like they were a magic string, connecting my heart to yours as they left from here and came your way.