Saturday, April 19, 2008

Blooming

I had a realization. An epiphany. A blinding flash of mental and emotional light.

Here it is:



I'M STILL ALLOWED TO DREAM.


I suppose over the last few months, I've put my dreams away. I just assumed they would no longer be viable or compatible with my new life. I mean, BC (Before Crisis) I WAS living my dream. I WAS doing what I thought God had called me to do and what I've dreamed of since I was a kid. Then everything changed.

But the other night, it hit me. Right outta the blue! I was sitting in choir practice and I can't explain it, there was just a sudden awakening in my heart. A passion and a burning I hadn't felt in a long time. And I knew. My dream, my heart isn't going to die from this.

Sure, there may be changes in timing and situation, and even possible expansion of the dream, but IT DOESN'T HAVE TO DIE. As a matter of fact, inside my heart, it's alive and well. And it's ok for me to work towards it, live in it, play with it, and enjoy the dream God has given me.

I will give you a VERY RARE glimpse into my handwritten journal, because the words that flowed out there express this best.

"It's like I've been standing out in a horrible storm. Everything around me is devastated, even I am in shreds. But I open my clenched hand and find the delicate blossom of my dream and my calling still intact and beautiful as ever."

Today I will speak to a group of ladies. The event theme is "Blooming." And, just in time... so am I.

4 comments:

Mary said...

That makes me smile.

Christy said...

Keep it in your hand - protected but not locked away. It's warm and beautiful and living. And I'm so glad you found out it was still there.

frabjouspoet said...

I'm so glad that God refuses to stay in the boxes we try to put Him in. :) He is at work in your life...even in the aching moments...and has something amazing planned.

60ish and Glad said...

As a matter of fact. Snip a piece and plant it....some here - some there. You will be surprise what grows. Life AC (After Crisis) compels you to spread your dreams. I think of the couple 7 years ago or so - Can't remember their names but you and Christy know them. He died in their home from a gas leak in Israel - she lived. She came back to Lakeland, believing he would be raised from the dead. It didn't happen...she immediately through herself into speaking all over town. She came to Greenhouse where we were attending. She touched lives. She instilled vision. Then three nights later she died in a horrible car crash coming home from yet another church where she planted her vision. Her tragedy and crisis was the soil where she planted a seed of vision for many to bloom.

Thanfully you are alive and well - so plant that seed Ms. Becky Beautiful!