Tuesday, October 03, 2006

That's A Good Question

I made a late-night coffee run last night. I actually ended up with apple cider, which was a good thing, since I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is. I love reading the little quotes on the Starbucks cups - you know, "The Way I See It #(insert random number)?" Anyway, I'm driving, it's dark, and I glance at my cup. I've gotten this one before. It's a question about why my opinions are less and less strong as I grow older. (BTW, I threw away the cup and can't find the quote on their website. If I find it, I'll post it.) I stop and think - this is a profound question. It's true for me - I am certainly less dogmatic than I was at eighteen or so. And I wonder why that is? The author of the quote offered a multiple choice answer. All of the answers could have been my own. I pondered this as I hit the red light next to my street. Then, the real question hit me: Why are coffee cups the deepest, most thought-provoking thing I'm reading lately? Could it be that:
A) I've gotten too lazy to look for good reading material
B) I'm only reading at 10:00 in the evening
C) Starbucks philosophy is just that good!

DAILY BLISS:
Picking out a novel in the bookstore for my son's book report. It's really great to pass on my love of books - oh wait! Maybe I just answered my own question. I'm spending too much time in the children's book section!

<3 Christy

No comments: