Friday, October 06, 2006

Magic Happens


Today is a big day for me.
Today is a day that I celebrate life.
This the anniversary of magical and miraculous happenings.
Six years ago, on this date, I nearly lost my own life bringing a tiny new life into this world.
My baby daughter was born six years ago today. Birth is such a safe event anymore that we tend to treat it mundanely. But this particular birth was an entrance befitting the daring and dramatic soul of my little one! She comes from a long line of dramatic women, so I should not have expected less. We have come to refer to this day as "The Day That Emma Happened." People that don't know any better call her an old soul. She's just that kind of person.
So, we had a pixies and ponies party in our back yard with real ponies and three tiny little girl pixies running about with flowered wings and crystal crowns. It was a lovely evening, made even more splendid because it coincided with a beautiful harvest moon glowing in a cloudless sky. Breathtaking.
So, I'm happy to be alive today. I'm rejoicing in life today. I'm tearfully grateful for my incredible daughter. Breathtaking.
Those of you who know my heart, and those of you whose hearts are like mine will understand when I simply say that real magic can only happen because of real work. But it's ALWAYS worth it!
DAILY BLISS: Real ponies in my back yard!!! Hee hee!!
- Christy

4 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Pixie passions and fairy fancies are buried in every woman's heart and just the hint of them brings a smile to our faces. Thanks for the smile!!

I must say Emma Pixie takes MY breath away!

60ish and Glad said...

Pixie Passions and fairy fancies are in every woman's heart ...somewhere.

That's why we smile! Thanks. Emma Pixie takes MY breath away!

60ish and Glad said...

Pixie Passions and fairy fancies are in every woman's heart ...somewhere.

That's why we smile! Thanks. Emma Pixie takes MY breath away!

frabjouspoet said...

Your pixie has inspired me to indulge my own inner pixie and dress as such for Spirit Week.