Sunday, September 10, 2006

Becky's thoughts...

Have you ever had one of those moments where things suddenly begin to make sense? Sort of like a realization washes over you that God has been at work, through things that seem to have no connection, all to accomplish one purpose in your life. I've been having those moments lately. As I'm getting ready for the first Woman on the Edge event, I'm spending a lot of time looking back over my journey to begin piecing together the message God wants to say through Woman on the Edge, and I'm realizing... OOOOOOHH!! THIS is what He's been teaching me!!!!

Suddenly, it all makes sense. The journey through some painful times, the daring call to New Orleans, the facing of some unlovely things about myself, the depression I've dealt with, and even the joyful moments have all been teaching me truths that fit the Woman on the Edge message. I've watched in awe as material for this conference flows out of email conversations, discussions, and thoughts I've journaled over the past year. I had no idea I was working on conference material, but here it is!! My jaw is dropping as God brings just the right women to the team and how He has ordered their lives with just the right experiences and truths as well.

Yet again, I marvel at God's incredible ability to orchestrate my life into something wonderful... in SPITE of me.

No comments: