Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Traveling Thoughts

Well, I think that I have recovered enough to remember that I just went on a trip. My husband's brother finally got married and all of us, well, except for me, were in the wedding. But that's okay. When I got there, I found out that I was the wedding coordinator. It said so in the bulletin.
I really enjoyed my flight up to Indiana. I don't think I could ever grow tired of seeing the clouds from the top! They are so much fluffier! Then again, looking at the everyday from a different perspective is kind of my hobby.
I don't like airports and crowds and delays and almost missing flights, all of which happened to me on this one trip. But really, I love flying.
I was wondering at that bit of trivia when it occurred to me that I also don't like wedding rehearsals and tense family members and picky brides - any of the general trappings of weddings, really. I worked in the wedding business for a few years, and I have many times since declared that I hate weddings. This is probably surprising to those of you who know what a romantic soul I am. But I guess, really, it isn't the whole thing that I hate - it's just the trappings and fluff that distract everybody from what really goes on. The wedding ceremony? Love it. No matter what happens during the planning stages and even during the five minutes preceding the ceremony, it always melts away when the groom sees his bride coming down the aisle. Always.
My faith is the same way. I really don't like the trappings and culture of Christianity. I don't like the stress levels and the politics involved in keeping a church afloat, and thus keeping up the public face of a religion. That is stating it pretty mildly, really. But my faith? It's beautiful. When you strip away the little clubs that have catchy acronym titles and the special, must-read books, the mediocre music, well...all of that stuff, what's left is something of which I will never tire.

DAILY BLISS: My hubby's birthday and homemade cake!

<3 Christy

No comments: