Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wandering update...

I'm settling back in at home after a WONDERFUL trip to Florida doing what I LOVE, which is speaking to women and talkin about Jesus. Over the next few days I'll post some of my thoughts from the trip. Here is what I recorded at the beginning of last weekend's adventures:

We had quite an eventful day today! After traveling so far yesterday, we rested well last night, even through quite a thunderstorm. We did a lunch meeting today at Smith & Thomas. It worked out surprisingly well. I had such a great time improvising with Kathy, though I’d never really tried that before. Did a podcast with Bill while I was there, and captured on recording some of that sage wisdom I so respect and love. Then we were off to Tampa for dinner with Sherry and Merry, two of the most intense and amazing women I know of. They are twins and were fascinating as always. We had deep spiritual discussion over dinner about the passions and challenges going on in our lives. I was so surprised that they too struggle with some of the same pressures and stresses I’ve felt. I suppose from my end they seem to have arrived, to have it all together. What a comfort to know I’m not alone! Then on to the radio show… We had such a great time on the air with Sherry and Mike, and met some other amazing people on the show tonight. Then on the way home, we swung by Christy’s house and were introduced to “Kiki’s Suds,” the INCREDIBLE line of spa skin care products that Christy is creating for the Spa Day Getaway event.

I feel like I’m already on spiritual and emotional overload and the retreat doesn’t even start till tomorrow! So many amazing things to process.

For now, I don’t want to lose this one: The other day I came across a verse that says “Righteousness and bliss kiss each other.” Today, such is true in my life. The righteousness of God has brought about in me the burning desire to pursue Him with passion, which has led me to my calling, which gave way to doing what I love for my work. I love being alive!! To have a family that loves God, and loves me! To be able to savor the sweetness of being home. To spend moments with a friend who has been a spiritual kindred to me for many years, moments of realization that God is again at work in our relationship. Christy’s peaceful, welcoming spirit permeates her Kiki products. Kiki means “home” in another language, I forget which. But the very idea that these products, hand made by someone who exudes “home” especially for the spa day in honor of women from a city that has no home. What a blessing, what a peace, what a GOD thing! To be working with Kathy, someone who God dropped in my lap and who is proving more and more to be a perfect fit for me.

His righteousness has brought about a true bliss for me tonight! The righteousness of God gives way to a bliss that is unimaginable and inexplicable!! I’m overwhelmed tonight by His goodness to me, and by the thought that His way has led to more happiness than I ever dreamed it could. How many times as a woman have I felt bliss, but held back, not wanting to lose myself in the feeling. Too afraid to abandon myself to overwhelming joy! No way. No more. The righteousness of God in me was made to kiss the bliss that I feel because of His presence, His work, His amazing gifts in my life. I will let go and thoroughly enjoy this bliss. It’s mine for the taking because of Jesus! I love being alive!

1 comment:

Christy said...

My goodness - you're so nice to me :) I was so happy to see you too. There's nothing like hanging out with the oldest and dearest ones in your life!
And grrrl - you know I'm all about the kiss of bliss. I think that finding the place where righteousness and bliss meet is a good way to sum up my entire spiritual journey!