Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ok.... It's Getting Funny Now!

Well, yesterday I woke up early feeling pain all over my body. I had a fever! UGH! So I took Tylenol and a hot shower, prayed for strength, took the kids to school, and went to the hospital to see if Matthew would be released. Good news, the doc said he could go home. Tylenol wore off and I drove us both home with pounding aches and fever, drug myself into the CVS pharmacy to pick up some necessities, got kids home from school and collapsed for the evening. Matthew and I both feeling awful, we sent the kids to watch tv. After a while, I hear Matthew calling my name in emergency mode. Levi had stuck a bead up his nose!

AAAAARGHH! Another trip to the ER??? Poor Levi was frightened and so were we. He hasn't yet mastered the idea of blowing OUT, so we decided to try tweezers. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts to grab the bead, and just as we were ready to surrender to another trip to the hospital, Levi sneezed and the bead flew out! We laughed and cried with relief.

Who knows what's up with all the craziness in our lives lately? Here's what I'm thankful for: Understanding friends, church family that brings dinner and will get my kids from school, powerful sneezes, a fridge with crushed ice, a dishwasher, phone calls to my mom, and grape flavored Propel.

Bring it on!

No comments: