Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Just plain fun

Christy, glad to see you made it back and in one piece! Happy B-day to Chris too, by the way!

I also have been absent from blogger land for a few days. I've been frantically writing in order to meet a deadline for my publisher. Finished the work earlier today and on to the festivities of Easter weekend. No rest for the weary. This along with sickness I've been fighting for a couple of weeks and my brain is pretty much a useless mass contained within my skull. I've got that kind of exhaustion that makes the bones ache and makes the tears come easily and makes stress eating habits increase to near lethal proportions.

My joy tonight is the two sweet faces of the babies I bore. My daugher is the sweetest soul I know. She may not say much, but her actions speak loudly. Her patience with a precocious brother and an exhausted mother is amazing. She's just plain comforting to be around. My son, ever the life of the party, just likes to have a good time. He's full of happy songs, silly dances, and sometimes practical information, such as his latest tidbit, shared after he slipped one of those fun bodily sounds boys enjoy so much: Tooting (for those of you who are wondering, he's not talking about playing a musical instrument) is just plain fun, plus you don't even have to cover your mouth.

And on that note, I'm off to try to get some rest.

-Becky

No comments: