Monday, January 14, 2008

Wonder Woman Day

I still love Monday. It's still my favorite day of the week. What did I do today, you ask? I'll tell you.

I read today's reading in the One Year Bible.
I got two kids up and ready and to school on time.
I also got myself up and ready, complete with sophisticated businesswoman costume.
Then I came back home, turned around, went back to school and delivered the lunch and notebook they forgot.
I went to work and did my job. Well.
I wrote thank you notes and made some necessary but difficult phone calls on my lunch break.
I went to counseling and did some working and learning.
On the way home, I returned phone calls.
I went to supper with my friend who took care of my kids during counseling.
I came home and bathed two kids, signed all their permission slips and report cards, and helped with last bits of homework.
I put said kids to bed and did all the running involved in that process such as water, medicine, night lights, blanket adjustment, you get my drift.
I packed tomorrows lunches
I took out the garbage.
I unloaded the dishwasher.
I did a load of laundry, all the way from hamper to drawer.
I returned a BUNCH of emails.
I confirmed a speaking engagement.
I cleaned my bathroom mirror and counter top.
I remembered to use my MaryKay Timewise face wash.
I remembered to get my mail.
I remembered to mail off a rebate.
I located a missing charger for a cell phone.
I made a grocery list.
I looked my daughter in the eye.
I held my son for a while.
I wrote the blog you are reading now.

I did it. I functioned today.

Now hopefully my golden belt and my red cape and my starry underwear-looking things and my white boots will be sent to me. It's standard issue for a Wonder Woman, right? And Mondays make me feel like Wonder Woman. I love Monday.

6 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

I'm impressed with all you did today! We so often forget that life is in the details. You know, "I packed lunch, therefore I am alive." That's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You are Awesome!
M

Sandy said...

I had days like that, I remember them. I'm so sorry for all your going through, I can say I've been there too. I'll continue to pray for you and your family. Please remember to take care of you too. I hope the job gets better. Email if you need too.

Christy said...

Get it, girl! You know who you are to me right now? That girl in the Cake song, "Short Skirt, Long Jacket." She's my favorite song girl, actually...She uses a machete to cut through red tape! Also, she wears shoes that cut.

Mary said...

I used to love Monday's more, and I expect to love them again soon. I called them "Hot Monday's" and it was that day that I got a fresh start on the week and accomplished great things. These past several months of pregnancy and three kids have cooled my heels a bit and I now have "luke warm Mondays." I'm working my way back up to Hot.

I'm so thankful that Monday found you feeling accomplished and capable and able to function because despite what you feel like other days...that's who you are.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Wonder Woman to me. I'm sorry to know you're going through such a hard time. If it makes you feel any better, when you came to speak at our little church in Glendale, FL, God inspired me greatly through you. I thank God for you and will be praying for you.