Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lest my whole blog be overtaken with a shroud of blackness, today I write about nothing much. No delving into the depths of my heart this day. How about I share with you some things I've enjoyed lately:

I like to work. I've always liked to work. Granted, my heart's dream is to be speaking and writing full-time, but right now I must work at a secular job. The one God has provided for me (Marketing Director for an assisted living facility) is worthwhile, enjoyable, challenging and meaningful. I like the tap of big-girl shoes on the floor, I like being a professional woman. I like engaging my brain and interacting with people. I completely enjoyed the days when all my clothes had breast milk all over them and I had a baby attached to me or near me somewhere at all times. And I also enjoy stepping into the work world, which is where God has me now.

I like chocolate. In most any way, shape or form, except tootsie rolls. Tootsie rolls are a poor excuse for chocolate flavor and a complete waste of time in my opinion. This evening I'm enjoying it in its Chunky Chips Ahoy form.

I like cherry pie. I just do. It's my favorite pie and I like it. Simple, sweet, yet bold and bright. Cherry pie is good.

I like Psalm chapter 71 and Isaiah chapter 40. I'm also fond of Philippians 4, Galatians 6, Ephesians... well ALL of Ephesians, Ecclesiastes 3, Romans 8, BOTH of the Corinthians, Isaiah 6, especially the first 8 verses, Psalm 100, oh and 23. I also chose to have 2 Corinthians 5:17 tatooed on me, though I think all of the above scriptures are tatoo worthy. Were I to get started, I could easily cover my whole self with His words. Oh yeah! Psalm 46 too.

I like my laptop. She works for me.

I like my phone/pda thing. She works for me too.

I like pedicures. Might have to avail myself of one in the very near future.

I like peaceful, restful sleep, which is what I'm hoping to have in the next few moments.

OH! And I also REALLY like people who read this blog! That'd be YOU. (cheesy smile)

2 comments:

frabjouspoet said...

Oooo, I, too, love the tap of big-girl shoes on the floor. There's something about that "click, click" that makes me feel invincible.

Christy said...

So funny! Becky - you and I have often talked about the feeling of high heels on the floor. Makes you feel like you can do anything. I still know my Mama's footfalls from the days her big-girl shoes clacked down the hall at my school to pick me up.
Anyway, chocolate and pie all you want - you deserve it. And The Blog likes you too.