Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sick and Tired

He's sick. I'm tired. My efforts to save the world aren't going as planned. An all out temper tantrum would have ensued as a result of this feeling in my younger years. Ya think anybody would call the cops if I just threw myself down on the ground and had a good screamin', kickin', cryin' fit? Is this all I really am inside? A spoiled toddler who can't deal with a few bumps in the road? A malfunctioning machine that self destructs when overburdened?

It's raw tonight, friends. The sharp edge, I suppose.

2 comments:

Kent said...

sometimes the sharper edges are the ones that sharpen us back. if for some reason that doesn't make sense, just ask me about it :)

frabjouspoet said...

Do you ever feel like you waver between numbness and sharp edges? I'm not a fan of the sharp moments, either, but I'm finding that they are cues for change.