Thursday, August 30, 2007

Closure!

Yesterday, for the anniversary of Katrina, we had a little family ceremony. We were aiming to give some closure to our kids, and help them recognize how God has provided for us, but I gotta tell you, I didn't realize how good the closure would feel to me!

Anyway, we planted a hibiscus in our yard to help us remember the beauty that has come out of the sad days of Katrina, and how God took care of us. Here are some pics:




Daddy and his helpers.



The ceremonial squirt!



We MADE IT!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love these photos!

frabjouspoet said...

I think you picked the perfect plant. We have several hibiscus plants in our yard. They amaze me because they never give up. I love watching...them stripped to the bark looking like they are about dead during the dry seasons...and green and crimson and full of life after the rain.