Friday, October 24, 2008

Here Goes...

I'll be signing off for a few days as I change geographical locations.

This is the most bittersweet thing I've ever done in my life.

But there is packing to do and there are errands to run. I have to make myself do this.

By next Wednesday or so, I should be a Floridian again. At least for a while. But I'll still be a Louisianian as well, so that would, I suppose make me a Flori-Louisianian.

Anyway, I must stop wasting time and get to this terrible business.

But first, a few blisses:

A wild night out with the girls from work. (my first ever, maybe not that wild, but certainly mildly embarrassing.)
A framily that accepts me for who I am. No matter what. (thanks, Finches)
A fried green tomato and shrimp remoulade po-boy. With a Blue Moon. HEAVEN!!
Cooler weather
Pixie Stix
Lots of Hugs
Butterflies in my tummy...and my heart.

My life might be broken right now, but I'm still going to live it. AND love it.

See you in the Sunshine State.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I pray everything goes smoothly. If you are going to have to do this, it might as well go well.

We'll be there in Lakeland in the Spring.

Christy said...

I know that there are many who are just as devastated as I am thrilled by this change in your life. Vaya con Dios. Venga con Dios.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how incredibly difficult this is for you. Just know that there are folks here in Lakeland that are ready to recieve a woman that is living on the edge with arms open wide!! Let me know when you get here, I'll help you unload/unpack.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Florida Rebecca! We'll gladly take you.

Anonymous said...

And live it, you WILL!!! You are crossing your Jordan with your memorial stone(s) in hand. Build that altar of remembrance in the Sunshine State! Your Promised Land is just ahead!!! Tell me how the milk & honey are in Florida! :o)