Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So... My babies went to Florida this past weekend. No easy thing at all. They are having a blast, which is a profound comfort to me. Their absence also makes my situation much more real and tangible. So I'll be spending two weeks facing some giants on my own. It's Tuesday and I'm still not sure I've made it out of the exhaustion fog. But here are a couple of my first steps toward rested and relaxed.


I spent a couple of hours on this gazebo, out over Defuniak Springs.



Are we relaxed yet? Gettin' there...


And of course I went wadin' a little. What else is a girl to do when she has no one to be responsible for but herself?

Oh yeah. She gets one of her favorite books on cd and listens to that book as she meanders home WITHOUT getting on an interstate. She shuts off her phone. She cries and laughs out loud. At the same time.

And slowly, she works up the courage to face God about her worst pain. Still workin on that one.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Two weeks is a long time. I pray you find it peaceful and productive.

frabjouspoet said...

Just don't forget how many people are holding your hand as you navigate these new waters. :)

Christy said...

Oh girl. I know it'll be so hard while the babies are gone....remember I'm right here if all else fails and somebody needs to pick 'em up.
Enjoy your time, though. Moments to process what you're going through are rare and you have been given the great gift of a chunk of time all at once. Meander and wade and take lots of pictures. I like to see myself through the lens of my own camera sometimes. It helps me understand what's going on inside a little bit better. Maybe it'd be the same for you.