Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hell

This is hell. Pure and unadulterated (pun intended). I'm here alone. I wouldn't ask anyone to go here with me. Only One accompanies me here.

An exercise of counseling homework and several pages of journaling, plus one maddening phone call got me here. It was time anyway, I suppose. Pain must be faced and felt before it can be forgiven and freed. So I hope in the knowledge that this is the last time I will feel such things at this person's hand, and that every disgusting step through this mire is a step closer to healing.

I'm weary of fighting and have plopped down in the midst of sorrow I've been to busy surviving to pay much attention to. I know life goes on. I want it to, especially for you. And eventually for me. But not tonight.

Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Psalm 69

Amy Button said...

Hi Becky. We've never met but I read Christy's blog, we're friends with Kris and Mary, my husband knows them from Carpenters Home, I think.

Anyway, I got divorced 16 years ago. Unless you've been through it you can't understand the depth of pain it causes- especially when unfaithfulness was involved. But you're taking the right steps and I can tell you that on the other side is freedom, healing, wholeness, happiness and life. Everything that the Bible promised you before is true now. This is hell. But you won't stay here. Songs that used to put me over the edge in uncontrollable sobbing now have no effect on me whatsoever. And I have a wonderful husband and three daughters. Hang in there, you're going to make it. Christ is walking with you through this.

And nice to meet you, BTW. :)