Monday, February 04, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras!



And here you have my sweet babies and some of their parade loot! We've also collected a total of 4 babies from various king cakes. A Mardi Gras ball has been attended (see below) and drunken foolishness has been observed along parade routes. We've taken in a total of 3 parades, but tomorrow, Fat Tuesday, will be spent peacefully at home.





And here I am celebrating with one of the residents at the assisted living home where I work. Mr. John and I were partying at the Mardi Gras ball. We are having just as much fun as we appear to be having! Guess it takes oh, 70 or 80 Mardi Gras celebrations to get it all down pat, since our residents sure know how to do it right!

It's interesting to think that for most of my life, January and February meant nothing much. I mean, most of Florida where I grew up is business as usual right now, and here I am in the middle of a major holiday. It's what I love about this city. You can always find a party going on.

So if you don't happen to be in the middle of it, I'll let a good time or two roll for you. Party on.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time. I hope you have a great Mardi Gras just relaxing. :D

frabjouspoet said...

Happy mardi gras! (Let the good times roll...)

Christy said...

Wooohoo! You look like you're partyin' it up! Hope you ate a piece of King Cake for me :)

Mary said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Glad you are having a good time.

Mary said...

Okay...just to clarify...I did not see Christy's Whoo Hoo when I left my whoo hoo! We just happened to both Whoo Hoo unbeknown to one another. I would never intentionally over whoo hoo on anyone's blog. Except maybe in the process of justifying my errant whoo hoo.

Rebecca Jeffries-Hyman said...

Hey, I need all the whoo hoo-ing I can get right now. Bring it on!