Sunday, September 16, 2007

Zing!

I love my job. This weekend I got to speak to over 400 women. We laughed and learned and I loved it!

My friend Julie, whose encouraging words were invaluable this weekend, told me something that I'm still thinking over. She said I was in what Max Lucado calls "the sweet spot." The place where your gifts and what you love to do intersect with God's will for you. She said, "When you're in that place, when what you love to do and what you are called to do intersect, there's a zing!"

You know, I was having so much fun, I almost felt guilty! Friday night, Kathy and I were walking around the pond at Camp Living Waters praying and talking with God about Saturday's events. As we were praying, the Lord reminded me of all the times He had changed my life or spoken to me in amazing ways at a retreat or event like we were about to have. I vividly remember the first time I went on a retreat, I was around 13 or 14. It was a life changing thing for me. Since that time, God has spoken to me, connected with me, and changed me through a camp or retreat when I was able to leave regular life for a while and really listen to Him.

He started helping me understand that while I'm having such a great time, HE could actually be speaking to people and working in THEM like He has with me so many times. Can I just tell you how much JOY there is in doing what you love and knowing that God is using what you are doing to make a difference in someone's life?? Sweet spot, indeed.

ZING!!!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I loved attending Spa Day! You spoke to me more than you know. We all had so much fun and it was a blast. I even forgot to remember it was hot. :D I hope to get to hear you speak again and I look forward to your book. You opened my eyes to a lot that is going on in my life right now, esp. in the recovery part. Thank you and keep up the great work you do. God Bless You in your work. Sandra-Memorial Baptist, Bogalusa, LA

Matthew Hughes said...

I am so proud of you babylove!

Mary said...

How blessed you are! Enjoy it! It's so good to know we serve a God with such abundant opportunities and experiences for us.