Sunday, February 14, 2010

Caleb is born!!!




Caleb Paul Jeffries Hyman was born February 11, 2010 at 7:05pm. 5lb,5oz, 18 in. long. We had about 30 minutes with him before he was whisked away, and then ended up in NICU. Having a little breathing trouble. He's improving every day. Thanks to everybody for calling and checking in on us. Please be patient if we can't call you back or keep things as updated as we'd like. Our days right now are nothing but trips to the hospital, pumping breast milk, trying to recover and praying for our little man. We are exhausted but thankful. My Mom is here and taking good care of big sister Mackenzie and big brother Levi.

Love to you all, and we will update as soon as we can. Praying and hoping to bring Caleb home by Tuesday.

6 comments:

Bethany May said...

Kangaroo care is the absolute best thing!!! I hope he does well and I'm sure he will! I've been where you are and I'm praying for ya! <3

Sandy said...

Congrats to you all. He's adorable. I will add your family to my prayer list.

Christy said...

I'm so happy to see that picture and hear the update! Our family understands all to well about those trips to the NICU and what those days can be like. We are all praying for you - especially Mindy. Love you, girl.

Mary said...

Oh my! I hadn't heard so I'm so thrilled that you found a moment to post. What a handsome little fella! Congratulations over and over again and oh how well we know the journey you are currently on. Having had to spend a week in the NICU with Ivan I know the weariness that goes with it. I will be praying for your strength to be miraculous, your joy to be full and of course for Caleb to be WELL!

frabjouspoet said...

He's beautiful! Welcome to the world, Caleb!

Haelie said...

Great to hear the little man came before Mardi Gras! Praying for him and all of you during this time of recover and adjustment.