Monday, December 08, 2008

Writin about some stuff

Whew! Had another whirlwind trip to New Orleans. A Certain Someone needed a date for a Christmas party and who was I not to save the day? Kids were with their dad for the weekend so off I went. FUN!

Fun ends there. Now fasten your seatbelt. I'm gonna write about some stuff.

I've spent my whole life in church. I was married to a minister, and considered that something really fancy that I did for God. (are you laughing yet?)I had an answer for everything. Then, my minister left me. Not before my marriage went through a few years of hell first, but he left. And I got a quick and effective introduction to real life. I went from nice little ministry wife with nice little life mapped out for her to being a single mom with a life of her very own. And though that status was thrust upon me, I can't say I'm sorry. I kinda like it. I'm enjoying the challenge and adventure of finding the answers... HONEST answers to life's questions. Even of getting to ask some questions I've never had the freedom to ask before.

Here's some stuff I'm figuring out:

- Lots of people don't like it when people get lives of their own. Especially when they choose to do unexpected stuff, to step outside the box they were supposed to be in. Hmmm...

- Lots of people jump to conclusions. I do too. It creates real problems in relationships.

- The most godly things I've ever done have had absolutely nothing to do with church OR with the prescribed rules and regs imposed by my churchy image. That's painfully honest, but it's true. I don't yet know what that means for my life or for who I am becoming. It's just a truth.


This is a wild journey, people. I hope you're up for the ride, cause I'm pretty sure I'm gonna make some mistakes. I'll probably take some chances. I'll definitely try my wings and I might do some stuff you don't like. But along the way I'll be embracing life and love and enjoying every amazing minute. I'll be keeping my heart open to God, open to people. I'll be keeping my brain willing to learn, and my days full of laughter. It's been crazy so far and it could get crazier. And ya know what???

I LOVE IT!!! Let's go!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm a church girl...church, church, church. Better attendance than the pastor growing up...I know, I was the secretary. I feel like I'm watching you waiting to see if I've been wrong about something. Not because I think I'm missing anything...I love where I am...except for the potty training part...but because I am sort of curious to see how it all plays out. Where have I been judgmental when I should have been asking advice, where have I been arrogant when I should have been serving? Those sort of things make me cringe but I think in my journey it's what I have to face. I'm hoping I don't learn anything...but I'm certain I will.

Sandy said...

You go girl. You deserve to be happy with whatever you do. I've gone through changes this year too and a lot of people didn't like those changes but it's not their life to live it's mine and I choose to have a happy one.

Don't let others hold you back, you only get one chance.

frabjouspoet said...

I love watching these changes in your life. It's a wonderful feeling to be out in the open embracing the wind. (It's much more comfortable than that blasted box, anyway.)