Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy things

Life has been intense for the last couple of weeks. Just how I like it. And it's about to intensify even more with next week's book release! More on that later. For now, I have to tell you the happy things of today. First, we took some time out to chill, and do some pumpkin carving. Ever since Levi's field trip to the "punkin patch" last week, he's been relentless about wanting to make something happen to his punkins.




Here is a pic of Matthew's brilliant work of carving my logo into a pumpkin!




I even managed an afternoon snack of baked pumpkin seeds!!

In other happy news, my Mackenzie has been saving for over a year and tonight was able to purchase her own Nintendo DS game system with her own money. Below is a shot of her spending her stash on her long-awaited DS. Notice the grin on her face, and the bag of coins on the counter. With a stack of bills (mostly ones) and a bag of change, my girl made her first major purchase! I'm so proud of her disciplined saving for something she really wanted, plus, I'm a sucker for that smile!


2 comments:

Christy said...

Way to go on saving for that DS! That is a major purchase. Andrew loves his - he's really into the Pokemon game. If she ever gets that, let me know. They can actually trade Pokemon from wherever they are!

MOM said...

I am soooo proud of Mackenzie for saving $$$ for such a long time without spending it. That's very hard for anyone to do. Now don't let it keep you from doing your school work. We had to take your Daddy's Nintendo away from him about 14 yr. ago for dropping his grades. I know Nintendo is much more fun than Math & Science. Have Fun though. WE LOVE YOU!!!