Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My friend Ez... (by Becky)

Ok... since I know God's reading my blogs (actually He had the pre-release version before I even thought it up... hmmm...) I gotta tell you what He did to remind me. Today I sat around a table discussing Ezra chapters 9 and 10 with some guys from my Old Testament Interpretation class. We were given a sheet of discussion questions and sent off to forage for truth on our own. Now you might think there's nothing in Ezra 9 and 10 worth discussing. Not so, my friends! Today I was reminded in that moment of blissful consideration of scripture that one of the reasons why I do this is because the scriptures are LIFE. They are full of real, true, radical examples, explanations, and challenges. I love to dig deep, think hard, and look long at what God has to say about life, and about me. More than that, I love when I can't understand but then His Spirit begins to shed a light over a concept. It slowly dawns in my mind, so softly I can't speak it at first and then more vividly so I can write it down fast before I forget it!! Then I can chew on it, taste it, and make it part of me. THIS is why I'm here. I interacted with God today. Not that He isn't always interacting with me on a level I can't even express, but today He fed me something He knew I needed.
Maybe some specific conclusions from the chapters later. For now, suffice it to say that a deep discussion of Ezra was a definite stepping stone toward getting out of the pit of frustration I've been in. Good ole Ez!!

No comments: