Friday, October 23, 2009

Motherhood Moment

It's been a few days. We've had some sickness at home, but all are on the mend now.

In other news... and this is big....

MACKENZIE MADE HONOR ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSS!!!!

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this accomplishment. Mackenzie has always worked for B's and C's. She's moved around so much, and been through so many challenges. I knew this school, Faith Lutheran, would be a financial challenge, but I really felt she needed this. I wish I could describe the look on her face. This is her first time on honor roll. She's always been close but missed it. And now... SHE DID IT!!! I'm so happy for her. This is a result of her very hard work, teamed with a teacher who has time to notice Mackenzie, and with a learning environment that is perfect for her. I'm SO pleased. There were some naysayers on this school decision. Well, actually only one. Right now, I'm just so glad I stuck to my guns.

Most days I wonder if I'm ruining my kids. So much has happened out of my control, and I'm not perfect by any stretch of imagination. Since my girl was born, not a day has gone by that I haven't thought of her, planned for her, worried about her, hoped for her, and loved her more than life itself. And this... to see the look on her face, hear the happy tone of her voice, to get to tell her: "YOU DID IT, GIRL!" This was one of those moments that makes motherhood a miracle.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Beautiful! We all worry that we're ruining our children at some time or another...par for the course, you know? I'm so proud of her, though. She's overcome so much - and this absolutely should reinforce to you that you made the right decision regarding school.

Haelie said...

I think I read some tears (of joy) in those words! (Maybe some of guilt, too...but let that go!)

So proud!!! :o)

Mary said...

I certainly have that worry at times. In fact within 24 hours of Owen's birth I remember thinking I had ruined him. I was a little tired.

Way to go Mackenzie! Way to go mom!