Monday, April 06, 2009

Seasons Collide

Christy sent me a picture taken from our fun dinner evening.






I named it "old and new." The sight struck me as soon as I saw it. The tree, as you can see, has blossoms and older fruit on it at the same time. It reminded me of life and how it sometimes works. Reminds me of my life right now. Full of the promise of newness... the blossoms, and still sporting the results of the last season... the fruit. I kind of liked the sight of it, and the thought. I liked the idea that life's seasons sometimes collide. Sometimes we get to savor fruit and smell blossoms at the same time. Here's me doing just that:


2 comments:

Mary said...

It reminds me of that verse somewhere in the midst of Isaiah that says the plow will overtake the harvest. You must be living in abundance...you can't even gather it all in before the new stuff starts coming through.

Christy said...

Ah, my dear. So very true.